Friday, April 22, 2011

Welcome to virus town

Last night I did my best to remain the only non-sick person in my house by disinfecting the sofa before sleeping on it. It tried putting a pillow over my head but that could not drown out the sound of my fish tank, which had such a low water level that the filter sounded like a waterfall was pounding down two feet from my head. So at 11:30pm I decided to unplug the filter, which led me to an extreme guilt attack (what if the two remaining fish died due to my selfishness?). So at 11:31pm, I was in the kitchen filling up water jugs, which took forever because my faucet seems to believe that it needs to integrate lots of air with water. Itt takes years to fill anything reasonable like a gallon jug. So, while I was waiting, I picked up my phone and checked the internet, which allowed me to read and respond to a work email. Multitasking!

After refilling the tank, I turned the filter on again, assuring that my ancient fish wouldn’t die due to my lack of falling water tolerance. I got comfy on the sofa and slept peacefully in my disease-free zone until 1:30, when I woke up to barf. Then I went to bed to join the rest of the sickies. Welcome to virus town.

Read another post about my sick family here.

No comments:

Post a Comment