Friday, April 29, 2011

My 4-year-old daughter is a better 39-year-old woman than I am

The kids and I went on a play date with our old friends today. The hostess, who likes to cook, served Stromboli. (When I am the hostess, I serve Dominoes). I was concerned that my kids wouldn't like it. I thought that The Girl would avoid it for sure since she limits herself to just a few foods (her version of the food pyramid would have desserts on the bottom and vegetables in that little tiny section at the top). But I cut her off an end that was mostly crust (one of her favorite items) and just a little "stuff." When I delivered her the second helping she requested, she asked me if I knew how to make it. I said, "Well, we can ask Ms. Stefanie," to which she replied, "No, no, know how to make it now." She proceeded to explain the recipe that she had already requested and received from Ms. Stefanie's seven-year-old daughter. 

So, I guess we'll be making Stromboli soon. Thank goodness one of us pays attention to this sort of thing. 

(Crap, what am I going to make for dinner tonight? Maybe cereal....)


(HAAA! Look what comes up with you type "Stromboli" into Amazon.com?)------>

No comments:

Post a Comment