Friday, July 8, 2011

It's an acquired taste

Thanks to my new elimination diet, I had a toasted millet bread bagel with goat cheese on top for dinner last night. It spawned this conversation:

Boy: What is that?

Me: A bagel with goat cheese.

Boy: Can I try it?

Me: Sure.

I broke off a small piece.

Me: Here you go.

Boy [chewing]: Ugh! Oh! UHHHH!!!

Me: You can go spit it out in the trash if you want.

Boy [running over to trash and spitting]: You LIKE this????

Me: Well, you kind of get used to it.

Boy: Wow.

He later deemed the bagel tasty enough, but requested it with peanut butter rather than goat cheese. I can't say I blame him.


Search Amazon.com for gluten free bread

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it depends on the goat cheese. I don't care for it but I know people who love it. There must be a good type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not my favorite type of cheese but technically it's "non-dairy" so it's my only cheese for the moment. Therefore, it's delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete