Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hey, I'm not MADE of money

On Saturday, the kids and I went to the grocery store to pick up a few necessities for Easter. The Boy, who is 8, and The Girl, who is 5, reminded me that we needed to buy flowers for them to take to church to place on the cross. Every year, all the children who attend Sunday school bring different kinds of flowers and put them on the cross that is displayed outside of the church. It turns out to be a beautiful, wonderful smelling creation. It's really awesome.

So we went over to the fresh flowers section and the kids bantered about which bouquet to buy. We decided on one with a variety of colors of flowers so that each of them could choose their favorite. Except the bouquet cost $8 for a bunch of cheap, dyed flowers.

Me: Man, I'm going to have to pay $8 for you guys to each take ONE flower to church. Man.

Then I looked and saw some carnations.

Me: Hey, here are some carnations. They are only $4, and they are red. Everybody likes red.


Girl: Red's not really my favorite color any more.


Me: Yeah, well, it's a good color. Plus, these are only $4. We're getting these.


Boy: Really Mom? You're going with cheap for Easter? Really?


Me: 


Me: Yes, I am. And you don't need to be telling everybody.

They looked FINE on the cross. Still, I'm hoping Jesus doesn't ask for my receipt.
For what it's worth, there are FOUR of our carnations on this cross. Three of them are clumped together. Can you find them?

**************************************************************************************************
Help support LATR by using the links below when you shop:


Dog people: Click here to shop at Clean Run!

2 comments:

  1. Brenna, that photo is just beautiful! You should have a print made and put it up with your family pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks! There are a couple of her and the cross, I'll have to see how they all look blown up.

    ReplyDelete