Tuesday, April 3, 2012

This was just the first thing that went wrong today


"Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
IC sucks!"

That was my urine cup commentary for the day. My Interstitial Cystitis (IC) had been flaring up over the last week so I went in to get in instillation today. Prior to every instillation, I have to give a urine sample, which the nurse tests to make sure the I don't have an infection (you can't have an instillation when you have an infection). That's the fun of having a disease that mimics the symptoms of a urinary tract infection (among other things): you never know when you have an actual UTI. 

Although I've rarely failed tests in my life, today I certainly did. The good news is that, when you fail a urine test, you get antibiotics instead of an "F". Now I get to go back next week and try again. Isn't that special?

**************************************************************************************************
Help support LATR by using the links below when you shop:


Dog people: Click here to shop at Clean Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment