Sunday, February 12, 2012

ADD much?

Today was really cold for central Floridians. It was maybe 40 degrees as The Boy, The Girl, and I trudged our way through our church parking lot. The Boy clutched his Bible, on loan from his Sunday School teacher, in his left hand.

The Boy: It's so cold! My hands are FREEZING!


The Girl: I know! My hands are cold too.


Me: Well, you can put your hands in your pockets. That'll help.

The Boy stuck his right hand in his pocket and then, inexplicably, let go of the Bible to jam his left hand into his other pocket.

Me: DUDE! 


The Boy [who was scooping the Bible off the asphalt about one second after it hit]: It's OK, it's OK!

He dusted it off.

The Boy: See? It's fine.


Me: DUDE! Did you forget you were holding that? [Starting to laugh.]


The Boy: [Laughing] Yeah, I guess I did!


Me: If that's not an example of an attention problem, I don't know what is!

Everybody laughed hard, and we forgot we were cold for a few minutes. Win for all!

No Bibles were harmed in the making of this blog post.


******************************************************************************
Help support the blog:


Dog people: Click here to shop at Clean Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment