Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This cup's for you

It's been a while since I blogged about my achy bladder and fire-breathing urethra. This is partially because, thanks to several medications and a series of procedures, I've been having some good days mixed in with some not-so-good ones (rather than day after day of pretty damn awful). It's nice to not be thinking about my bladder every second. (You probably don't think about yours at all.  What's that like?)

Today I went in for a doctor's visit and instillation (a procedure where they fill my bladder with a drug cocktail). Although I probably should have, I hadn't taken any of the pain medicines that make my pee a frightening, bowl-staining shade of orange or weird blue, so today's urine cup looked like this:




Unfortunately, the stabby, who-jammed-a-straw-up-my-urethra feeling that started out of nowhere after last night's swim was further aggravated by the catheter that delivers the medications during an instillation. So now I've taken two pain pills and I'm counting down for my third. I'm pretty sure that's the definition of irony.

It's still better than it was six months ago. So there's that!

*******************************************************************************************************
Help support the blog and pay for my doctor to torture me some more:


Dog people: Click here to shop at Clean Run!


No comments:

Post a Comment